So, you’ve made the decision to sell your home, you’ve instructed an Estate Agent, had photographs taken and are awaiting visits from prospective purchasers………
Image provided by sellityourself.ie
Whilst it is important to de-clutter and clean your house INSIDE, the key is to make your home stand out from the crowd OUTSIDE too!
Remember that a well-presented home gives buyers the impression that the property is well maintained and therefore the chances of problems arising post-sale are minimal.
Although you may not be letting people into your home all day, every day, there is a good chance you will have people driving by to look at your home BEFORE they make an appointment to view it – these people will be assessing your property’s kerb appeal!
Here are some helpful tips to increase kerb appeal:
- Make sure your front gardens and lawns are well kept and maintained
- Make sure the doors, windows and gutters are clean, and that the window dressings are tidy and clean too
- Make sure any brickwork or rendering is tidy and re-paint where necessary
- Check that there are no broken or missing tiles on the roof
- Check that your house number/house name is clean and is visible from the road
- Repair any broken fences and paint where necessary
- Hanging baskets or tubs of flowers will add some colour and interest to a frontage without any vegetation
- Park the car in the garage if possible
- Avoid having rubbish out for collection on the kerbside
- Each night before sunset, turn on all outdoor lights
You will only get one chance to make a lasting impression – so, are you REALLY ready?!